Everyone in Charlotte has AC these days and that means there are more options than ever for air conditioning repair in Charlotte, NC. However, many companies fail to deliver the level of quality, service, and accountability you need when trusting someone to work on your system. How can you tell a good air conditioning repair company when you see one? Here are five signs to look for:
1. Fully licensed, insured and bonded – When you need air conditioning repair in a hurry, it’s easy to forget that you are effectively hiring a contractor to work on one of the most expensive systems in your home. That means you need to be assured that the liability is covered if there is a problem repairing the unit or if something goes wrong. Your air conditioning repair company should be licensed to do all of the work they perform, and should carry insurance to cover any potential mishaps. They are working on your property and you need to know that you are not at risk.
2. Fleet of vans stocked with spare parts – Have you ever had a repair person make a house call, start working, and then tell you they didn’t have the part they needed? This is frustrating, not only because it’s a waste of your time but because you would expect a professional to have all the basic parts they might need to replace. This is especially true when your AC is out and the temperatures outside are sweltering. No AC repair van can have literally every part they could ever need, but the company should keep them stocked with all the standard parts that break down most often, allowing most repairs to be over quickly and smoothly in a single session.
3. 24-hour service, no delays, and no hassle – You can’t control when your AC breaks and you shouldn’t have to suffer for it. Always look for an AC company that offers 24/7 repair service, with no extra late night fees.
4. Affordable preventative maintenance – The best way to keep down the cost of owning an air conditioning system is to simply make sure you perform preventative maintenance on a regular basis. This includes simple DIY steps, but it also helps to have an annual tune up. The best AC companies make this affordable and easy, so that you can save money by heading off a problem before it crops up.
5. Capability for commercial AC – Experienced professional AC repair outfits should be able to handle residential and light commercial systems. If you have a small business, you can save substantial money by relying on a neighborhood repair service instead of a commercial company that focuses mostly on large-scale industrial HVAC.
What do you look for in an AC repair service?
At Real Cool Heating and Air, we know better than anyone what makes an HVAC service exceptional. Call or contact us today to set up a service or maintenance for your HVAC system!